The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Reintroduction Day 12: 02/28/14

I have been thinking about my long term plans after finishing this diet. Honestly, I don't really have cravings for dairy or anything that I have been avoiding. Maybe that's just because they have been out of my diet for so long. I don't know how to get back into eating normally.

This situation is kind of funny! Before I started this diet, I could not imagine my life without cheese, yogurt and ice cream. They were seriously a main part of my diet. I didn't want to try a diet like this because I didn't think I could make it without them. Now I am wondering if I should even eat them anymore. I'm asking how do even start eating them more often? And do I even want to? Who would have thought that I could go from dairy every day to not even needing it anymore. I'm just so completely surprised with how much this diet has changed my eating habits. I'm scared to go back to eating dairy whenever I want. I feel so good now and so energetic and clear-headed all of the time. I'm worried that it might stop if I actually reintroduce foods long-term. How do I know I really can tolerate dairy?!

I guess I will just have to take it all one week at a time, like I have with the "challenging" parts of this diet. I'm not really sure what I want to do, maybe one week I will want to try making zucchini noodle lasagne and use ricotta cheese. Or maybe on my birthday, I'll want real ice cream. I guess I'll just have to see when I get there. I will definitely continue to be really tuned into my body and how I am feeling though. That is definitely one of the most important things I will come away from this experience with. I have become more in-tune to how my digestion works and what sets off my headache and what makes me feel groggy and what slows down my digestion. So, while I am taking things one week at a time, I will continue to note the ways that I am feeling and listen to what my body is telling me. Isn't that the point of this whole exercise, to really understand what makes me the strongest, healthiest and best I can be?

After sleeping on it last night, I am reconsidering my statement that I can tolerate dairy. I definitely can digest it alright but I think it has otherwise effected my system. This week I have felt more negative and less balanced than I have in the past few weeks. I am thinking it has to do with eating dairy again. I have also gotten some acne this week and my knees and joints have been hurting more. I think that this means that I will be avoiding it most of the time. I will still probably have lasagne once in a while, or baked mac and cheese but I think my days of eating diary every day are over.

I realized last night that I won't ever go back to the way I used to eat, there is no more "normal". For the most part I will be creating a new normal way of eating that hopefully will leave me feeling strong and balanced. I almost don't want to test corn next week because I don't want to feel the depressed symptoms I felt this week. Hopefully the two are different for my system...

No comments:

Post a Comment