The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Elimination Day 21: 02/16/14

This post is going to be about understanding Cycle 2 which is Reintroduction. These names sounds so official, when I think of them I imagine a booming voice announcing them.

Testing Food:
Monday-Thursday add the food into one meal per day
Friday-Sunday go back to elimination diet

Reactions:
Days 1-3= can no longer be in your diet, re-challenge the food in 90 days
Days 4-7= rotate the food every fourth day in your diet
No reactions= put the food in your diet for every 2-3 days

I have a whole list of reaction symptoms written in my journal:


I will be reintroducing eggs, dairy and corn (in that order). JJ Virgin suggests reintroducing gluten, dairy, eggs and soy. I was gluten-free for a year prior to doing this diet and I have no desire to change that so I won't bother challenging gluten. The only time I eat soy is in gluten-free tamari sauce, which I have actually found recipes for which have no soy. I am happy to eliminate it completely from my diet since it is usually GMO anyway. I decided to challenge corn just because I have been curious about it for a while now. Back in December after eating a bag of microwave popcorn per day for months, realized that I was starting to feel tired and groggy after eating corn. I stopped eating then, so I just was curious to reintroduce it now after the elimination diet to really see what effect it has on me.

In preparation for next week I ordered some bread from Sami's Bakery and bought a half dozen eggs. I'm going to make french toast two days this week and then make some baked good using eggs for the other two days and alternate. The baked good will involve some experimenting and I don't want to use a lot of sugar, so I'll have to wait and see how it turns out before I share!

As I write this post I am enjoying my date coconut rolls. I made a point if buying a whole pound so there would be a chance of these lasting until next week:



No comments:

Post a Comment