The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Elimination Day 15: 02/10/14

Tonight for dinner I had paleo chicken pot pie and it was so good! 


Here is the recipe I used, another wonderful product of hours spent browsing Pinterest! I only made 1/4 of the recipe since I just wanted to make two personal chicken pot pies. It turned out really good for my first chicken pot pie. I was a little disappointed with the consistency of the crust. Even after chilling it for an hour, it was just so crumbly and sticky. I had trouble rolling it out and ended up just stretching it over the pie. I imagine that if I had rolled it out, the top would have been slightly above the contents of the pie which would have kept it from getting soggy. Though the crust was soggy, it had all of the right flavors and was absolutely delicious! It was a lot of work the first night, but the second night I just popped the pie in an hour before I wanted to eat. In the future I may make the full recipe and freeze some of the little pies for future dinners.

I also discovered these amazing date coconut rolls at Whole Foods in the bulk section! I will have to take a picture next time I buy them, but they are so yummy! I got five of them for just a few dollars and they are the perfect raw treat! I'm completely obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment