The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Elimination Day 19: 02/14/14

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was grocery shopping day and I found a great deal for lunch at Whole Foods! Has anyone else seen the 4 for $4 promotion that they offer in the prepared foods section? I got a whole quinoa sweet potato burger, sweet potato and a bean salad for $4. I was so excited to get home and eat my lunch!


I got all of the ingredients to make a beef stew for dinner this week, I'll make sure to share whatever recipe I end up using!

I think it is about time that I do a little writing about cheating on diets. I would like to begin by proudly saying that I have not cheated once on this diet. I have gone almost three entire weeks with no diary, gluten, corn, soy, eggs, peanuts or excessive sugar. It is extremely important not to cheat, because it could lessen the effects of the food when you do eventually test it and they may not be noticeable. I have already experienced this with some of the desserts I have baked. I went the first full week without having any sweets and when I had them the second week I definitely felt the symptoms.

I believe that part of the reason that I haven't cheated at all is because I really want to prove after this that I still can eat dairy! I would hate to loose cheese and ice cream and yogurt! I want to do this diet to the best of my abilities because that way when I don't have a diary allergy I will know it for certain and no one can question it and say that maybe I do! I am getting nervous for testing foods in the next few weeks! Everyone wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment