The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Reintroduction Day 1: 02/17/14

Today was my first day testing eggs! It has only been a little while since I had a slice of my Paleo Chocolate Cinnamon Bread! I don't really feel anything too specific now, no hives or anything...I think that it might be easier to tell if I have a sensitivity after my egg days. That way I can look back and compare those four days to how I feel all of the time.

I originally made this bread for Thanksgiving last year, I didn't change the recipe at all but baked it using a gluten-free flour blend. I really wanted to challenge myself to use almond flour, coconut milk, honey and grapeseed oil instead of the flour, buttermilk, butter and sugar the recipe calls for. I also only used 1/4 of the amount of sugar the recipe calls for. My taste-testers said that the bread was pretty bitter, but I think that its pretty good. It might need a bit of a pick me up like some chocolate chips or cranberries, I'll definitely experiment with that next time!

I wanted to make a post about my breakfast smoothies! Every morning I have a green smoothie with my Momshine Granola sprinkled on top, like a parfait. There is a breakdown of everything in my smoothie from this morning in my Breakfast Smoothie Recipes.
Every other week I swap the avocado for 2 cups of chopped kale. This is my first week doing avocado and I think I like the kale smoothies just a little better, but the avocado does make the smoothies very creamy! According to my nutrition app this smoothie has: 346 calories,  9g of fiber and 3.2g of protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment