The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Elimination Day 16: 02/11/14

Greens! Greens! Greens! I am all about eating delicious green vegetables! I wanted to share with everyone some more details of my nutrition. Here is what I ate today, straight out of my food journal:


Today, I ate approximately 2 cups of kale, 1 heart of romaine, 1 cup baby spinach, 1.5 cups of broccoli, 1/2 cup petite green peas.  This is pretty much a normal day for me and I am so proud of that! I am starting avocado instead of kale in my morning smoothies, but I eat salad every day and my greens at night are always bountiful!

I am including screen shots of My Fitness Pal which I use to make sure I am eating enough protein and calories.


The goals are just based on my current weight and my desire to maintain my current weight. The app calculated all of those for me but you can change them in the settings based on your personal weight and fitness goals.

I ate three banana halves when I was volunteering tonight, so that added a lot of sugar to my day. They had Domino's pizza, the smell of which makes me reconsider my gluten-free diet, so I ate some bananas to restrain myself. In retrospect, this was definitely not my strongest day in terms of eating all of my calories and protein. I didn't realize how few calories the soup I had planned for dinner had and next day I eat that, I will definitely be adding something extra to supplement that nutrition.

Also, the hummus I ate is the stuff that Whole Foods made for me so I didn't know what the exact nutrtional content was and I just used Athenos Hummus as a close approximation.

Here's my recipe for Momshine Granola, my yummy paleo breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could have nuts and seeds on hand for those days when protein is a little low. Also, you could add beans or lentils to any soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just starting out on the Virgin Diet. Thank you so much for your page.

    ReplyDelete