The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Monday, February 3, 2014

Elimination Day 8: 02/03/14

BEST DINNER EVER!!! I roasted a spaghetti squash, made meatballs and of course usual greens! I don't know what it was! The creamy spaghetti squash? Sauteing the onions before putting them in the meatballs? It was just so amazing! Here it is in all its yummy glory:



I haven't talked much about the changes I have noticed since starting this diet. First, I think that my running times have gotten a lot better! I went from 9:30 per mile to 8:45 per mile in the last week, and I was only able to run three times! My abs are also much more defined now, maybe this diet is helping with my muscles?

It is a little hard for me to tell what I can attribute to the diet because in the month of January I made a lot of changes in my life. I started running and conditioning three days a week; I started going to bed at 10:00pm and waking up at 8:30am every day! Before changing my sleep schedule, waking up at 10:30 seemed difficult! Those two lifestyle changes have definitely changed my energy levels! Starting this diet is almost just complementing how awesome I have been feeling anyway! I think the really telling part will be when I try to add back in foods that I am potentially sensitive to!

After dinner I roasted the seeds from my spaghetti squash! These will be my snack while I watch tv tonight! I did 350 for ten minutes and sprinkled them with a little Himalayan pink salt!

No comments:

Post a Comment