The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Elimination Day 20: 02/15/14

I can't wait forever for Whole Foods to start stocking The Good Bean, so today I am roasting chickpeas myself! It has been a bit of an experiment but they turned out pretty good!  I drained a can of organic garbanzo beans and put them into a bowl. I poured in about a tablespoon of olive oil and then some coarse salt. I roasted in the oven at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Every 10-15 minutes I would make sure to shake the beans around on the tray so they cooked evenly. I can't wait to enjoy these all week!

I stopped by a going out of business sale near Whole Foods and got two lovely glass jars for storage. They even have rubber to make a nice seal! They are perfect for holding all of my breakfast muffins for next week and they were just $4 each! I can't decide what to put in the other jar, any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment