The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Elimination Day 12: 02/07/14

Today was grocery shopping day and I bought ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies! I had ordered almond flour from Amazon and I just needed the chocolate chips and grape seed oil. I used Elana's recipe and they came out so good! I baked just six and I put the rest into the freezer on a cookie sheet overnight and then put them into an air-tight container. I always do this when I make cookies because then I won't be seduced by the cookies into eating more than I want to and every time I want cookies they are freshly baked!


I have been wondering about my sleep habits. It has been taking me a lot longer to fall asleep this week than it did last week. I have been trying to think of the things that I am doing differently. At first I thought it was drinking lady grey tea in the morning, but even when I switched to decaf I still had trouble sleeping. Maybe the Emergen-C I drink after I run? But that hasn't been every day this week. Maybe it's just that I have been getting in bed too late and so I have my second wind? I did buy a dark chocolate bar this week and I have been eating a little bit after dinner every night but it is about 1/4 of what the label says is a serving. What could it be? When I track my sugar it seems about right, I am not going over 30g per day and most of that is from the smoothie I drink for breakfast. Hmm its a mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment