The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Elimination Day 6: 2/1/14

Today I had my first non-dairy cheese experience. I bought Amy's frozen gluten-free, dairy-free macaroni and cheese as a treat. It was far from that. I was not fooled by the taste or consistency of the cheese and despite my efforts to make the taste better (adding dried mustard and salt) I couldn't finish the little tray. I think I'd rather just wait until I get to have the real thing again during cycle 2.

To make it up to myself, I went all out with dinner. I made orange chicken and rice! I had been craving some filling carbs so I broke down and made the rice. I got the idea for this chicken from a Better Homes and Gardens recipe for Power Kale Salad which is orange chicken served over kale. I don't particularly enjoy kale as a salad base, so I made rice instead. I also had my usual greens and I've finally got some pictures to make this blog more interesting.

Yum yum yum yum yum!


Looks way less healthy over white basmati rice, but it was so yummy! I bet this chicken would have been even better if I had freshly squeezed the tangerines and marinated the chicken in the juice over night! Maybe next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment