The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Reintroduction Day 17: 03/05/14

Now every time that I eat corn it feels like my head is in one of those clamps you find on a work bench. Right on my temples there's a tremendously uncomfortable pressure that makes me want to go cross eyed and also take a long nap. The chips and popcorn are no worth it and I almost want to just stop testing them.

I thought that I might do a little blog post about the supplements behind this diet. I eat really well, but I also take some supplements to bring my body to 110%!

AM: probiotic, fish oil, multi vitamin, calm magnesium
PM: DIM+
Occasionally: Colloidal Silver and papaya enzyme

Let me tell you, papaya enzymes are my secret weapon, especially while testing these foods! Every time that I am feeling nausea or my stomach hurts I chew a few of these and it almost always goes away in a matter of minutes. I think that I have gotten it to be some kind of mental magic that just by chewing them my mind thinks "oh my stomach will stop hurting now" and then it does right away. I just love them they are just as chalky as Tums but not as questionable. ( Here's the kind I buy! )

The probiotic, fish oil and multi vitamin are just for maintenance. You know, for my hair and nails and skin, etc. The magnesium is fairly new, I also take epsom salt baths to get magnesium, but I've been drinking it for about a week now in the mornings. It is pretty good, I can't say I have noticed a huge difference yet, but I didn't really research this one, my mom sent it to me to start taking!

The DIM+ is to regulate hormone levels, which I really need since I am off the pill for the first time in two years. But, it also has a ton of fiber and really helps my digestive health which is totally great because it was definitely challenging during the testing weeks to feel good.





No comments:

Post a Comment