The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Monday, March 3, 2014

Reintroduction Day 14: 03/02/14

Just finished a really delicious lunch: a rice tortilla with refried beans! Yum! I like to cut them into little triangles because the beans are a little too thick to fold or roll the tortilla. 


I am really feeling great after a few days off dairy, which makes me feel even more certain about my decision to avoid it for the most part. That is almost how I started out being gluten-free, deciding to avoid it whenever possible. I started in January 2013, I cut my gluten down to just one serving a day. I would usually have organic bread with my sandwich or pizza sometimes, I tried to make sure that when I did eat gluten it was at least non-GMO and organic. Then sometime in March, I decided to be completely gluten-free. I was pretty rigid about it after that, except when I got home from college in may and ate a cheese calzone at my grandmother's. For about four days after eating it, I felt like I was digesting a rock. It was painful and I could feel the swelling in my digestive system. It was the worst and it was after that I decided it just wasn't worth it to cheat. Except in Greece because their wheat is different...but that's a whole other story. I think that eventually I will reach that point with diary, it may be fine once in a while but maybe there will be a day when it is just not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment