The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Monday, March 3, 2014

Reintroduction Day 15: 03/03/14

Today is day one testing corn, I have popcorn and tortilla chips. I haven't had them yet, I am saving them for when one of my shows comes on tonight.

For dinner I finally made spaghetti squash lo mein! It was actually pretty good but the soy-free soy sauce definitely needs a little tweaking.



I used a 3lb. spaghetti squash, 1lb of chicken, 3 cups of broccoli, scallions, garlic, ginger and balsamic vinegar. I made it for four nights, so each serving has 276 calories, 33g carbs, 3g fiber, 31g of protein! I think that's pretty awesome, it took a bit of time between roasting the squash and also stir-frying the chicken. I still want it to taste more similar to regular lo mein. Of course after dinner, I roasted the seeds and had those! I think that next time I will rinse the seeds and then add the salt, it might stick better.


No comments:

Post a Comment