The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Elimination Diet aka The JJ Virgin Diet

I decided to do this elimination diet to find out if I have any food sensitivities. JJ Virgin structures the diet in three cycles:

Cycle 1: Elimination 
For 21 days avoid the top seven food allergens:
1. gluten
2. dairy
3. eggs
4. soy
5. corn
6. peanuts
7. sugar and artificial sweeteners

Cycle 2: Reintroduction 
For 28 days, reintroduce one of the seven foods per week. Eating the food Monday through Thursday and then Friday through Sunday going back to Cycle 1 diet. You will find out if you have symptoms from each of the foods during this Cycle and hopefully be able to figure out which you need to avoid continually. I'm going to have to understand the exact process a bit better once the time comes around for reintroduction.

Cycle 3: Lifetime
This is where you take all that you've learned and create a diet that can sustain you in the long run.

Ever since announcing my plans to do this diet, I have gotten a lot of requests from people to let them know how it goes and if they should do it, so I decided that I would blog it all!

I'm starting the diet on Monday, January 27! Wish me luck!

Here's the link to the website for the diet!
http://thevirgindiet.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment