The name "My Unbreakable Recipe Box" comes from seeing generations of family members who have broken recipe boxes that are too precious to replace. Of course I have my own (already broken) recipe box which will always have a special place in my kitchen, but this one will never break.

To find more of my interests and recipe recommendations, follow me on Pinterest!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Elimination: Day 2 1/28/14

This afternoon I found a string cheese in the fridge. It was a trying moment since last semester I once called my mom to ask if there was a limit to how much string cheese a person should eat in one day. I quickly threw it all the way to the back of the fridge to save for Cycle 2. My first temptation and I was not overtaken by the cheese!!!

Is it just me or do my green veggies get better and better every night?! To start dinner I usually melt some coconut oil in a frying pan and then throw in frozen broccoli, sometimes frozen peas and baby spinach. Sunday night when I made this, I added salt but tonight it was so yummy plain! I know everyone says that produce will start to taste so much better once you get used to it and don't have as many sugar cravings, I'm pleased to report that it's true!

I had a little trouble falling asleep, the FAQ on JJ Virgins website says that I should feel better in 3-4 days of doing the diet. She also recommends some magnesium supplements so I might look into those because prior to starting the diet I realized I may be low in magnesium. 


No comments:

Post a Comment